I am sending out humble gratitude and blessings to “I Have a Voice” (girlwiththepen1118) for nominating me for the above three awards.
My intention with this blog when I began it less than 2 months ago (after having read 2 books on blogging, I’m still trying to figure it out) was to share stories of people whom I’ve met in my life who have touched me in some deep, elemental way – the people you carry with you in your heart long after meeting them. I thought a blog would be a way to honor them, as well as to perhaps inspire others to remember that no matter how small a thing they might do for another person, it might actually be something of great importance, enough to change a life. We human beings have a great capacity to love and to reach out, most especially in the midst of darkness.
I also wanted to include quotes that hold meaning for me, that inspire me, as well as some of my travels that have helped me along in my spiritual growth. As I’ve said in my blog, I am a work in progress…
With apologies that I may not be able to exactly follow the rules of nominating 15 other bloggers – since I’m still getting to know them as a follower on my own – I’ve listed those below to whom I am passing on the “Shine On” Award for their having given me something wonderful on any given day – whether thoughts or poems or videos or photographs. Some of them may already have an award, but regardless, they deserve either another one, or the same one again as validation of their value.
Fun Girls Live Better
5 Kids with Disabilities
The Positivity Blog
Finally, I believe for one of the awards, I am to tell you all 7 things about myself. Here goes:
1) I changed careers in my late 40s and it was the best thing I ever did.
2) My favorite color is purple.
3) If I could choose my last meal, it would be some type of pasta.
4) I believe that nothing is random.
5) I’m a U.S. Civil War (1861-1865) history nut, especially on the topics of medicine and women.
6) I have visited over 15 countries (not counting islands in the Caribbean), and that’s not nearly enough.
7) I love castles – the military fortress type, not the palaces type (there goes the military history again).