I offer blessings and gratitude to https://otrazhenie.wordpress.com for her gracious gift of the Inner Peace Award. Encouragement from a blogger such as Otrazhenie helps me to reach deep inside myself to find more quotations, poetry, or personal essays to inspire and perhaps offer hope to anyone in need. And even on a good day, I find that to be quite a few of us…
In the spirit of gifting those who have touched my heart in kind, I pass this award on to those bloggers I list below. If they choose to accept, they have only to say something kind to any persons they in turn “pay forward” with the Inner Peace Award.
At the same time (I am indeed blessed), I offer blessings and gratitude to http://jeaninjackson.com for the gift of the Sunshine Award. Her Life Images at Pearl St. Gallery bring me a bit of sunshine whenever I look at them, and transport my soul to so many places where I have not yet had the good fortune to travel. Her pictures tell stories like I (hopefully) express in words.
In the same spirit, I would like to nominate the same five bloggers listed above for the Sunshine Award, for the sunshine that they bring to me, and so very many others, with each post that we are all lucky enough to read. They are a gift.
The rules for the Sunshine Award are as follows:
* Use the logo above in the post.
* Link to whoever nominated you.
* Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
* Nominate ten (I nominated five) fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
* Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
Here are ten (more) pieces of information about me:
* I prefer to stay in B&Bs rather than hotels.
* I talk to animals.
* My dream: to live in a (gray) stone cottage set amidst the hills and valleys of Wales or Ireland, near some sort of water (ocean, lake, stream).
* Most peaceful vacation moment: flying in a hot air balloon over the Serengeti in Tanzania.
* Most profound vacation moment: crying at my first look at the citadel of Machu Picchu, Peru.
* Most relaxing vacation moment: on the empty deck of the sailing ship Royal Clipper, late at night, with the sound of the waves and moonlight for company.
* Favorite boutique hotel: http://www.fincarosablanca.com – Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn, Costa Rica
* I prefer an aisle seat on a plane.
* I prefer to hold an actual book in my hands when reading, but I did break down and buy a Kindle for when I travel to cut down on weight in my luggage.
* Best place to watch fireworks: summer weekends at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, Maryland, with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra playing in concert with the fireworks display.